- Musiqtone collects personal information when you sign up for newsletters, contests, and/or surveys. While the Musiqtone Buzz uses a third-party to store such information, Musiqtone nor Vertical Response will sell your information to other third parties, our partners/contributors and other businesses, related or not.
- We collect at the very least your first and last name and e-mail address. Certain situations may require you to fill out other information such as location, your address, or your date of birth. For example, to sign up for the Musiqtone Buzz, you must also disclose your city, state, and country. This better helps us where our visitors are coming from when they sign up for the newsletter.
- Musiqtone automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your preferred browser(s), including general geographic information, your basic system settings (type of OS, display resolution, etc), your IP address, pages you request during your visit(s), and referral information (where you came from to access our site)
- Musiqtone uses this information to better gauge popularity of certain pages, where to make improvements, improve our services, contact you, and to customize content and advertisements you may see
- Musiqtone uses a cookie provided by Statcounter Inc., which allows us to publicly disclose general usage statistics of our site. The cookie works in the same way our server when it receives and records information to our access logs. You may wish to set your cookie level to high if you feel your privacy is being impinged on. However, the cookie is set by Musiqtone to expire in 24 hours after accessing the site.
- Musiqtone let’s other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
- Musiqtone, in conjunction with AOL Music uses web beacons/trackers to see how people navigate and click on links throughout our Music section, which is presented by AOL Music. These trackers help AOL Music determine how popular a certain video or song is and also aids us as well when Musiqtone puts out its Digital Tracks chart.
- Musiqtone uses a web tracker in banner ads and pictures from SonicBids, which Musiqtone is an affiliate of. This better helps Musiqtone in its reporting of the utilization and purchase of services from SonicBids. Musiqtone may also use such trackers in other affiliate programs that it chooses to join to effectively report the clicks an ad for that company is getting and how its being used.
- Musiqtone is a site suitable for 16 and over and when a child under the age of 16 register for any service provided by Musiqtone, we ask that a parental unit be present and to send an e-mail to email@example.com affirming their consent in signing up for services provided by Musiqtone and its affliates
- Musiqtone will not contact anyone under the age of 16 about special offers, surveys, and other marketing techniques without prior permission from a parental unit
Information sharing and disclosure
- Musiqtone DOES NOT rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies
- If you are under the age of 16, your parents must e-mail Musiqtone at firstname.lastname@example.org affirming their consent in the sharing AND storing of their information
- We respond to legal action, which is but not limited to subpoenas, the right to defend against legal claims, and to exercise our legal rights
Steps taken to protect your information
- Musiqtone is hosted by Yahoo Small Business Web Hosting, which has provided us a secure server to place certain key areas, forms, and pages in to provide a level of security to protect your identity and your information. Secure pages on the our web server are provided by Equifax Secure Certificate Authority. Because this is a shared secure server, the padlock that appears when browsers hit secure areas does not appear, however if the URL is s.p3.hostingprod.com and preceded by a “https,” then you are protected by 128-bit RSA with 1024 bit exchange, ensuring that the data you send to us is encrypted during transit. As of this date, the data you send to us for the Musiqtone Buzz goes from our secure server to a secure server hosted by Vertical Response set aside for our mailing lists.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.